Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Right- I'm sure it would be alot simpler with tablets- weve got the option gelcaps or liquid and trying to get tabs,seems they are out or some problem-even the tenptation sandwich is a big fail with powder..... for MrTimmy anyway who actually chews up his kibble😢

In almost 50 yrs I've never had such a difficult cat but then again I was as agile and fast as they are once upon a time-I probably should just buy a net,it was always the simplest solution to get the craziest ,slickest of ferals into a cage or carrier-its what we use with big cats and of course a dart gun ,lol

Plus strays and ferals are food motivated,Timmy is not- he does like his treats,when he feels like a snack..... I'm almost ready to give up and I've not even started yet,I'm exhausted and down trodden-I know it does not sound like me but I'm not me on these anti infammatories & anti muscle spasm meds- I don't do well with meds,they make me sick to my stomach Anyway,the timing is awful and couldn't be worse

Timmy likes a couple of licks of Delectables and FF broths but always leaves alot in the dish ....It's a problem unless your up for getting bit and just pill him,I've no fear of getting bit however I cannot afford risking any potential for infection at this junction post surgery-I do not need complications,I need my mobility back and a quality of life
Sorry to be rambling but I feel I'm half the person I used to be and I need to be me NOW,I'm not.

I found 2gel caps in my animal medicines - tried a tiny bit of powder mixed in his favorite licky Temptations ,took one lick and tasted it...... if you've ever took a lick of gaba powder you'd taste it in anything,it's so terribly bitter....this seems a waste of time,I've got to suit up and give it my best shot- if he gets away from me then I blew it

I do appreciate everyone's support and suggestions,I keep hoping there's anything I can give a try ..... been working with Timmy for a couple of months now with carrier,he opts not to eat rather than go in( he's had traumatic experiences when he was little by inhumane people-being one foot away from a carrier without fear is tremendous progress for the boy it's just not a fast process working with traumatized animals....he has come such a long long way just not far enough for right now and he's stuck with a caregiver thats pretty useless

I need to shut up now-Ive feared the day he might need medical attention beyond my capabilities before he is totally manageable for a year now and here it is,reality
You vent all you need to :grouphug: :grouphug2::hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes,I do too - unfortunately Timmy has turned his nose up to sardines,real tuna,mackerel & even anchovy ... can't hurt to try it again though so I will ,later today- thank you❤

Just because he wouldn't give it a taste last year doesn't mean he won't now---y'all know how they love something for a time then want no part of it after awhile-I'm gonna give the yogurt ( Greek unflavored,unsweetened ) a try too sometime today
Sheba meat sticks. They are the only treats Gypsy will eat at the vet and the only thing she will heed when we are outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
You vent all you need to :grouphug: :grouphug2::hugs::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape:
Thanks for that,I'm so stressed it's not funny because I'm so very worried about my special boy- sharing my thoughts,venting,rambling really does help

I'm extremely good at not displaying my anxiety-PT was just here and I was venting about all of this and he said" let me take your BP right now"... lol 121/72 he was pleasantly surprised (so was I)

I changed appt from tomorrow 3pm to Thursday 10am-my best chance is when he's out napping on the patio and even better if he goes in the carrier which is only early morning- I was not about to try at 5 or 6am ,succeed and have him in the carrier for 10hrs

Rather than have a nervous breakdown if it happens Thurs then thanks be to God,,,if it doesn't then try try another day.

Timmy won't eat the Sheba meat sticks-only Max and sometimes Graycie....I wish he was like them and didn't chew his food- he's the only one that leaves a pile of crumbs ----I've been crumbling Temptations in his wet food to get him used to crumbs in there-he ate some today thst way

I'm going to withhold food tomorrow to see if he might be more inclined to eat a bit more Wed after 3am(Thurs morn)

Wish us well,prayers n vibes💓

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
This Compound pharmacy is getting on my nerves now- Rx was called in Mon 10am were supposed to call me to confirm shortly after they rcvd order,never did- all day trying to call them could not get a human until nearly 4pm!Then she can't find the order,,on hold forever,tells me she found it but it won't be ready until Tues 4pm( today )BUT they will call me in the MORNING to give me an exact time and try to get it done earlier

It's now 3:19- no call,same nonsense- can't find the order

It seems they are switching over to a new phone system and that's why they couldn't be
reached' - well I read the poor dear the riot act because I don't know what the phones have to do with misplacing orders that were confirmed for an emergency Vet appt thsts pretty much dependant on the Rx to load the animal!

He was very sympathetic- said he'd call the Vet,get a new Rx and get it done right away instead of mucking around- called me back in 5minutes and ready for pick up first thing in the morning,,just come n get it,no calls -

Why do you have to get like a crazy person and angry to get things done?My good friend would say that's not anger its " righteous wrath" lol

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kwik Just when you think everything that could wrong has gone wrong. Something will drop in your lap to tell you your wrong😮
Deep Breaths my dear Deep Breaths.
Hang in there!
I swear sometimes the world is upside down🤐