What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Vacuum cleaners. I have a Dyson cordless and a nice Shark upright but when it comes to deep cleaning nothing beats my old Kenmore canister vacuum for suction power and the ability to vacuum crud for an hour or more without having to replace the bag.
Yeah, I had an old Shark, but I ran over the cord in a few places. I put electrical tape over, but that really did not help. I ended up buy a newer Shark but a lesser model. I regret it to this day. I really do.. That old Shark was so good at vacuuming. The newer one stinks..

My old upright Oreck can clean circles around the Sharks. Too bad it needs so much work, and does not have attachments.. sigh. If I had money, I would get it fixed, but too much: roller, side brushes, connetctions need to be tightened, HEPA filters need to be changed out. A lot of stuff. I would have to take it to a vacuum store to fix it fully. At the repair price, it would,d be cheaper to buy a new vacuum. It is my back up. I am just waiting for the Shark to die... I think I prefer bags rather than bagless.. especially with my allergies and asthma.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we took the whole gang to the vet's for their annual checkups, and it mostly went OK, aside from some unplanned stool samples in a couple of the carriers. The only discordant note was that Prancer and Stretch have lost some weight, and they found a Grade 3 heart murmur in Stretch. To do bloodwork, they want almost $300 each, with no guarantees on the outcome. We're taking them all back in October, so we will see what develops in the meantime. Both seem, on the surface at least, to be fine enough, and eating regularly, so there's no telling what's going on.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I had an old Shark, but I ran over the cord in a few places. I put electrical tape over, but that really did not help. I ended up buy a newer Shark but a lesser model. I regret it to this day. I really do.. That old Shark was so good at vacuuming. The newer one stinks..

My old upright Oreck can clean circles around the Sharks. Too bad it needs so much work, and does not have attachments.. sigh. If I had money, I would get it fixed, but too much: roller, side brushes, connetctions need to be tightened, HEPA filters need to be changed out. A lot of stuff. I would have to take it to a vacuum store to fix it fully. At the repair price, it would,d be cheaper to buy a new vacuum. It is my back up. I am just waiting for the Shark to die... I think I prefer bags rather than bagless.. especially with my allergies and asthma.
I was thinking the same thing about bags. You just get a burst of dust flying up when you empty a bagless, whereas with the bagged kind everything stays contained.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
So we took the whole gang to the vet's for their annual checkups, and it mostly went OK, aside from some unplanned stool samples in a couple of the carriers. The only discordant note was that Prancer and Stretch have lost some weight, and they found a Grade 3 heart murmur in Stretch. To do bloodwork, they want almost $300 each, with no guarantees on the outcome. We're taking them all back in October, so we will see what develops in the meantime. Both seem, on the surface at least, to be fine enough, and eating regularly, so there's no telling what's going on.
One of my former cats, Murphy, not only pooped in her carrier on the way to the vet pretty much every time but often puked as well. Gloves and pet wipes were required for vet visits.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Funnily enough, I never minded the biters. I took it as a personal challenge. If you tough it out, a lot of biters and scratchers can be butter underneath, and, even if they never stop, terms are drawn & there are accepted lines in the sand. A lot of people I know -usually with rough childhoods- can be ‘biters’…but are just putting on a tough face & challenging you to see if you really care.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Funnily enough, I never minded the biters. I took it as a personal challenge. If you tough it out, a lot of biters and scratchers can be butter underneath, and, even if they never stop, terms are drawn & there are accepted lines in the sand. A lot of people I know -usually with rough childhoods- can be ‘biters’…but are just putting on a tough face & challenging you to see if you really care.
Lola was my mother’s cat and was just a nasty biter there. If you annoyed her, and sometimes it only took your presence, she would lunge and bite hard enough to break skin. Because I was there often caring for my mom, I was bitten a number of times. But since she has lived with me she has calmed down and never bites anymore.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Free 13 month old to a good home. She's pretty cute and loves cats, but sleeps terribly - especially the past few nights.

Signed,
One exhausted Mama.
Willing to discuss temporary trade. One sleepless toddler for one teenager that requests help on a research paper and then argues over nearly every point. On 4 pages.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the cats at that place were content to live and let live, but not the one cat. There were 3 bays in that garage; on the right was the lift bay, in the center was the pit, and on the left was the flat bay where we did the collision and body work. There wasn't a lot of distance between them, so to walk down any of them was to be within range of her. When she bit or clawed, it wasn't for fun- she drew blood. Sixty years later, I still carry scars on my arms from where she nailed me with her claws. She was just a miserable piece of work.
By the way, it wasn't just me- she nailed more than a few other people in the time that I worked there.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willing to discuss temporary trade. One sleepless toddler for one teenager that requests help on a research paper and then argues over nearly every point. On 4 pages.
She slept better last night (still woke up about every two hours, but an improvement over every half hour and constant screaming), so I guess I'll keep her for now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She slept better last night (still woke up about every two hours, but an improvement over every half hour and constant screaming), so I guess I'll keep her for now.
Oh wait I just had the best idea!!!

I’ll drop off the know it all teenager to babysit while us moms go enjoy some yummy foods in peace!

(The teen suddenly appeared in her bedroom doorway backlit in blue led lights with bed head as I wrote this. :oops::fear::lol:)

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the cats at that place were content to live and let live, but not the one cat. There were 3 bays in that garage; on the right was the lift bay, in the center was the pit, and on the left was the flat bay where we did the collision and body work. There wasn't a lot of distance between them, so to walk down any of them was to be within range of her. When she bit or clawed, it wasn't for fun- she drew blood. Sixty years later, I still carry scars on my arms from where she nailed me with her claws. She was just a miserable piece of work.
By the way, it wasn't just me- she nailed more than a few other people in the time that I worked there.
When I was attempting to move Lola from mom’s to my house I first tried putting her a carrier. I got her in it but didn’t get the door shut quick enough and she flew out and right at me, biting me three or four times. I ended up having to set a cat trap to catch her and while I brought her to my house, I thought there was likely a trip to the vet for euthanasia in the near future . But, I greatly underestimated the stress and fear she must have been under and how entirely different and sweet a cat she would become.

Last edited:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just viewed a Cat named "Max Dow" on a NBC affiliate station whom received a Doctorate from Vermont State University . The degree Is in "Litter-ature". The news program Indicated that Max Dow had been a great help too students at that University .

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wait I just had the best idea!!!

I’ll drop off the know it all teenager to babysit while us moms go enjoy some yummy foods in peace!

(The teen suddenly appeared in her bedroom doorway backlit in blue led lights with bed head as I wrote this. :oops::fear::lol:)
Best idea. She can deal with this tantrum over not being able to play with the remote. :lol: