Geoffrey Small Cell Lymphoma

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This weekend, I will push myself to reassemble his cat tree.. that will be kind of like the final blow.
How could I have possibly missed your most recent post? I saw the initial pics of Geoffrey and purraised but didn't actually read your post, instead I planned to come back and check the update. Just now I read it and teared up so bad that my husband asked what happened. He knew about G too since I had told him Geoffrey's story from the first day you adopted him. I am speechless but my sincere and heartfelt sympathies go out to you. :hugs: If anyone ever went above and beyond for their cat it was you. We were all glued to this thread with regular updates whether good or not so good. I don't know what else to say except that this weekend when you reassemble the cat tree we will all be with you in support. :grouphug: My heart breaks for you but each and everyone of us are here for you and just a click away.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Replaying those horrible moments when thing get bad is unfortunately normal. Our minds tend to race towards it and replay it over and over and over. I wish I could offer you some relief, but, in time it really does get better. It took awhile before I could think of mine without immediately thinking of the last days, or hours, when things were not good. With time, I still do think of it but I no longer dwell on it. Slowly, the good memories of the cute things they did overshadow the bad, and I can think of them with smiles and laughter and a few less tears. Hugs to you. It's just so, so hard. :hugs:

SundaesPerson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Replaying those horrible moments when thing get bad is unfortunately normal. Our minds tend to race towards it and replay it over and over and over. I wish I could offer you some relief, but, in time it really does get better. It took awhile before I could think of mine without immediately thinking of the last days, or hours, when things were not good. With time, I still do think of it but I no longer dwell on it. Slowly, the good memories of the cute things they did overshadow the bad, and I can think of them with smiles and laughter and a few less tears. Hugs to you. It's just so, so hard. :hugs:
I lost my first boy very suddenly to saddle thrombosis. He had woke up perfectly healthy that morning, but by the afternoon, we knew something was terribly wrong. He was howling and by the time we got to the ER, they told us there was nothing that could help him and that it was time to say goodbye. I was traumatized for a good while, because I would "hear" his desperate yowls, especially at night.

As time went on and YouTube became a thing, I started following cat channels and what really helped me to heal, was sharing stories about Thunder with the channels and other users. It eventually led me to adopt Sundae (avatar) a year and a half after losing Thunder.

So yes it gets easier, but there’s no timetable and that's perfectly OK. Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was a special boy.