Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
how is Lola handling the loss of Willow?
Lola was very stressed the first day and didn’t eat for nearly a full day. I don’t think it was missing Willow as much as stress from hearing her howling and seeing her leave in a carrier and not return. But she is fine now and I am slowly changing her routine - moving her litterbox a few feet at a time towards the basement, and of course leaving her gate open all the time. Lola is a big time cuddler so she has been on my lap from the minute I sit down to watch TV until I go to bed. It honestly takes some getting used to. I am shutting her out of my room at night just because I think she will keep me awake.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, kind of a crazy day;
* up early for Bocce League #2.
* Geoffrey Meds,
* Call Vet
* morning chores: dishes, bed, vacuum, shower
* Went downstairs and out to play and watch bocce.. started out cold, then turned HOT!
Did not get in until 1/30pm--- games started at 10AM..
*came in-- snack and more meds for Geoffrey
* out to quick errand
* Now, having some cheddar cheese popcorn and a cold drink

Supper? I do not know. Building mean sounds gross. I have stuff in refrigerator & freezer to eat.. just nibbling now..

Going to do 2nd shower in a bit. I feel grubby from sweat.. Today is a beach day for sure: sunbathers, walkers. many kites. The ice cream take out shop is booming!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*Up early again, this time for Corn Hole
* regular morning stuff,
dishes, bed, medicate Geoffrey, shower, vacuum
* play cornhole
* probably have coffee with the crew.
* snack for lunch

*Today is a Mass Day in here. I have to set up for it, and then get involved with it.

probably collapse after that. Do not know what for supper... My bread past due-- not chancing it with my tummy.
Either a small personal frozen pizza, or chicken salad from downstairs, or salad-- if I feel up to making it; or I may just run down for a couple slices of pizza, at the beach bar/restaurant...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Trip to Walmart for vitamins and when I get back I am going to move all the furniture and thoroughly clean/vacuum Lola’s room. Even though she now as full run of the house day and night, she loves her room and is spending just as much time in there. Having her litterbox in the basement now though will keep it a lot less dusty.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was an exhausting trip to the New York Botanical Gardens. Traffic came to a crawl before it even got close to the George Washington Bridge. The - what is is? about 82 miles) took two and a half hours. Park in the education building's lot but need to get into and upstairs in the library building. It was raining, as it had been the entire time of the drive, so did not fancy walking around the outside of the buildings (they attach but do not really connect, if you follow me.) But a gracious staff member guided me and another late comer through the herbarium, to the elevator, and up we went. Talk had just begun so I didn't miss more than a few minutes. After which I got my copy of her book autographed. (Publisher had sent a copy for review, if you remember.)

After which I needed to find my friend in the PR department because yesterday was also the media preview for Wonderland: Curious Nature which opens on Saturday. I did not have his number, he didn't have mine but we eventually did find each other. Quick trip through the conservatory's show, then the two of us had a drive though the grounds in one of the golf carts to allow me a view of the exhibits around the grounds.

Back to the education building by 2:00 p.m. for the start of Mary Jo Hoffman's two hour flatlay workshop. (My friend had picked up lunch for me so I even had sustenance!) The workshop was excellent!

Finished at 4:00 p.m. and time to go home. Somewhat tired by this time, after I crossed the bridge I stayed right when I should have gone left. That meant I ended up on I95, lots of tractor trailers, and if I was lucky we crawled along at 30 to 35 mph. Ugh! It took as long to go home as it did to drive in.

Himself suggested he go out and get a pizza. And that was our dinner. Black olives and mushrooms. Wonderful.

Today I need to start on multiple entries for my blog. Also make up the guest room as Himself's sister arrives today. I think we will go out for lunch tomorrow. On Saturday we plan to go to the old time base ball games in the next town over. She loves baseball and last year we went to an old time base ball game at the historical farm, which she very much enjoyed. Don't know if we'll stay for all three 2-hour-long games on Saturday, but we'll enjoy what we do observe. And then Saturday early evening she will catch a bus back to NYC. And I can strip the bed, wash sheets and towels, and recognize how much I like our mostly quieter life.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I am so sorry about Willow. Lola probably missed her so much. My sympathies to her and to you, too. It's never easy, no matter how many times we have to go through the loss. :hugs:

I haven't been around much. I wish I could say that I'm busy, so busy, but really, I'm just tired. I get up in the morning with the girls and go back to bed. And sleep. And then sleep some more. Yesterday, our neighbor came over to visit and I wasn't up to it. We saw who was at the door and I went to the bedroom to "read". And about an hour later, Rick woke me up. I was sound asleep.
Today, I got up with Rick at 6:00 to take care of the girls. I was going to stay up! No more of this bed stuff in the middle of the morning. It's ridiculous. I was going to do stuff! I did one load of laundry, which Rick had to fold. I just couldn't stay awake. Back to bed around 10 and slept til almost noon. And it's just ridiculous that I do this. But I honestly can't help it. One of the biggest side effects of Keytruda is fatigue and they're not kidding. Still, there are other (more serious) side effects, but fortunately, I'm doing well other than the fatigue. And if that's the only side effect that I have to deal with, I am more than relieved, esp after everything that happened from chemo.
  • One load of laundry today, which Dear Richard folded and I put away.
  • Cleaned out the freezer in the kitchen fridge. Amazing how much room I have now! I had a large bag of oatmeal that I threw into the compost bin as I'm not allowed to eat oatmeal anymore. I still have enough in the pantry for cookies and such. But I really liked oatmeal for breakfast.
  • Today is my sister's birthday. The four of us are going for Chinese for dinner. She loves Chinese and so do I. Her DH won't eat it, but he will eat the chicken, ham, beef, etc that are on the buffet. We are treating them. I also got her a pretty hanging basket for their patio. She has been wonderful through me dealing with this and with me every step.
  • Got 4 miles in today. I'm still walking. In the house only, although I walk up to the composter and over to the WeShed. Been averaging at least 3 miles every day. Every little bit helps. I'd like to try walking outside and trying just some of the smaller hills along our road. Stairs don't kill me like they used to. I'm purposely trying to walk down and up the stairs at least once an hour. My oncologist was ecstatic to hear that I was walking again, even though it's in the house. And my nephrologist was so happy, too. He says that, with the kidney numbers that I have, many patients would be pretty much just laying around bc they have no energy. But I keep pushing. If nothing else, I should get an E for Effort (patting myself on the back).