Timmy,7yr old TNR true feral! COLD TURKEY!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
So my Vet called and tomorrow he'll be at a clinic nearby and I can get gabapentin- he will also be at the clinic on Monday so the plan is to get him in then and he can have a look and see what's going on- if I'm not successful we'll try again Wednesday......

It's some sort of plan anyway- I might put the carrier out on the patio where he likes to nap and will be confined to a room if I can get the drug in him Sunday night and then Monday morning again...... he said pick up some Greek yogurt,they usually like it alot and it masks the bitter very well..... I'll try it tomorrow
B BeccaCat crushs the Gabapentin up in a Delectable lickable treat. Squirts the treat on the plate crushes the pill on top and add more treat on top. Works for her kitty, I'll try this if I ever need to dose Gabapentin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
B BeccaCat crushs the Gabapentin up in a Delectable lickable treat. Squirts the treat on the plate crushes the pill on top and add more treat on top. Works for her kitty, I'll try this if I ever need to dose Gabapentin.
Right- I'm sure it would be alot simpler with tablets- weve got the option gelcaps or liquid and trying to get tabs,seems they are out or some problem-even the tenptation sandwich is a big fail with powder..... for MrTimmy anyway who actually chews up his kibble😢

In almost 50 yrs I've never had such a difficult cat but then again I was as agile and fast as they are once upon a time-I probably should just buy a net,it was always the simplest solution to get the craziest ,slickest of ferals into a cage or carrier-its what we use with big cats and of course a dart gun ,lol

Plus strays and ferals are food motivated,Timmy is not- he does like his treats,when he feels like a snack..... I'm almost ready to give up and I've not even started yet,I'm exhausted and down trodden-I know it does not sound like me but I'm not me on these anti infammatories & anti muscle spasm meds- I don't do well with meds,they make me sick to my stomach Anyway,the timing is awful and couldn't be worse

Timmy likes a couple of licks of Delectables and FF broths but always leaves alot in the dish ....It's a problem unless your up for getting bit and just pill him,I've no fear of getting bit however I cannot afford risking any potential for infection at this junction post surgery-I do not need complications,I need my mobility back and a quality of life
Sorry to be rambling but I feel I'm half the person I used to be and I need to be me NOW,I'm not.

I found 2gel caps in my animal medicines - tried a tiny bit of powder mixed in his favorite licky Temptations ,took one lick and tasted it...... if you've ever took a lick of gaba powder you'd taste it in anything,it's so terribly bitter....this seems a waste of time,I've got to suit up and give it my best shot- if he gets away from me then I blew it

I do appreciate everyone's support and suggestions,I keep hoping there's anything I can give a try ..... been working with Timmy for a couple of months now with carrier,he opts not to eat rather than go in( he's had traumatic experiences when he was little by inhumane people-being one foot away from a carrier without fear is tremendous progress for the boy it's just not a fast process working with traumatized animals....he has come such a long long way just not far enough for right now and he's stuck with a caregiver thats pretty useless

I need to shut up now-Ive feared the day he might need medical attention beyond my capabilities before he is totally manageable for a year now and here it is,reality

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep thinking back when I'd get calls for help with getting cats in a carrier- I'd go in a house,scoop a mini tiger up in 2seconds before they even realized what happened....where's that girl when "I" need her?

And they call these the "Golden Years" ? :nono:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Lord- I just looked outside and Timmy is lying down in the carrier!I had moved it from the ground to the table top and was out there earlier with all of them -Bella & Sami were in and out of it but Timmy just watched as usual

I thought of shutting the door and leaving him in there and just bring him in tomorrow- but why not continue to pray,trust God and leave him be- hopefully he'll like it and go in and out of his own accord

This is a Blessing-Im shocked right now- maybe all these months of sheer love & patience will pay off at the right time? Thank You God 🙏

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh my Lord- I just looked outside and Timmy is lying down in the carrier!I had moved it from the ground to the table top and was out there earlier with all of them -Bella & Sami were in and out of it but Timmy just watched as usual

I thought of shutting the door and leaving him in there and just bring him in tomorrow- but why not continue to pray,trust God and leave him be- hopefully he'll like it and go in and out of his own accord

This is a Blessing-Im shocked right now- maybe all these months of sheer love & patience will pay off at the right time? Thank You God 🙏
Maybe he knows he needs to get in there so he's doing a dry run.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he knows he needs to get in there so he's doing a dry run.
I surely hope so TT- I've told him what we need to do just like when I told him he needed to relocate to my bldg to live and be out of harms way - I dunno but that night he followed me home and never left my end of the property!

I called him in for breakfast and then he and Max went outside together after they ate, Max is on top of the carrier and Timmys inside🤗

I told Sami,Max n Bella to show Timmy there's nothing to fear but they have to let him have it.....it seems they all know I need their help and co operation.....

Keep those good vibes,prayers and positive energy coming our way please - I was feeling very hopeless n helpless with the Rx situation

It really does help though to share here with everyone who knows our situation from the start( mine as well as my boy)

TT- as always ❤

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I surely hope so TT- I've told him what we need to do just like when I told him he needed to relocate to my bldg to live and be out of harms way - I dunno but that night he followed me home and never left my end of the property!

I called him in for breakfast and then he and Max went outside together after they ate, Max is on top of the carrier and Timmys inside🤗

I told Sami,Max n Bella to show Timmy there's nothing to fear but they have to let him have it.....it seems they all know I need their help and co operation.....

Keep those good vibes,prayers and positive energy coming our way please - I was feeling very hopeless n helpless with the Rx situation

It really does help though to share here with everyone who knows our situation from the start( mine as well as my boy)

TT- as always ❤
I believe that Timmy knows you well enough to trust you and therefore he knows he is safe and with the help of the others, it’ll help him much.

Sending much hugs and vibes over :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Btw, how’s the bionic knee coming along?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe that Timmy knows you well enough to trust you and therefore he knows he is safe and with the help of the others, it’ll help him much.

Sending much hugs and vibes over :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Btw, how’s the bionic knee coming along?
It's coming along well- I'm happy today is 30days post surgery and I no longer have to continue any medications-yay!

Peddling everyday to increase my Bionic range of motion-Im at 127 degrees- still not enough to pass mini squats but working hard at it- tried to kneel on the bed but doesn't feel so good( but I'm cleared to keep trying until I can do it so I keep at it daily)
Lol,I asked my therapist to watch me try to get on the ground to kneel,I managed to do it but we laughed so hard when I was kinda stuck there- he is always encouraging for me to try all the things I want to do and assures me I will because I'm determined to....he's been really great especially in reassuring me I cannot hurt my titanium Bionic knee!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik I never give fish cat food to my cats. BUT I keep a tin of sardines in the house. When my other tricks aren't working,the sardines work like a charm to get medicine into them.
Yes,I do too - unfortunately Timmy has turned his nose up to sardines,real tuna,mackerel & even anchovy ... can't hurt to try it again though so I will ,later today- thank you❤

Just because he wouldn't give it a taste last year doesn't mean he won't now---y'all know how they love something for a time then want no part of it after awhile-I'm gonna give the yogurt ( Greek unflavored,unsweetened ) a try too sometime today

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's coming along well- I'm happy today is 30days post surgery and I no longer have to continue any medications-yay!

Peddling everyday to increase my Bionic range of motion-Im at 127 degrees- still not enough to pass mini squats but working hard at it- tried to kneel on the bed but doesn't feel so good( but I'm cleared to keep trying until I can do it so I keep at it daily)
Lol,I asked my therapist to watch me try to get on the ground to kneel,I managed to do it but we laughed so hard when I was kinda stuck there- he is always encouraging for me to try all the things I want to do and assures me I will because I'm determined to....he's been really great especially in reassuring me I cannot hurt my titanium Bionic knee!
Great to hear that the knee is improving. Keep doing the exercises but don’t push it to the limits as yet but keep the flexibility and gain strength.
I hope that the bionic leg don’t walk faster than the other :lol:

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes,I do too - unfortunately Timmy has turned his nose up to sardines,real tuna,mackerel & even anchovy ... can't hurt to try it again though so I will ,later today- thank you❤

Just because he wouldn't give it a taste last year doesn't mean he won't now---y'all know how they love something for a time then want no part of it after awhile-I'm gonna give the yogurt ( Greek unflavored,unsweetened ) a try too sometime today
Maybe Timmy is not a fish boy😏, but I'm sure something will work to get a hold of that little cutie♥

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Timmy is not a fish boy😏, but I'm sure something will work to get a hold of that little cutie♥
Me too my friend- me too.If this keep up with him enjoying the carrier it just might be a game changer 🙏

I don't want to spook him so I've gone out on the patio a couple of times gently ,give him a little pet and am leaving him be so he feels it a safe place -typically I go out there to call him inside so I want him to stay in there -if I touch that door I know he'll take off so if this continues I've got a small board I can place in front of the opening and then slide away while I untie the door and gradually close as I take away the board- if I untie the door when he's out it does not stay open so its not an option right now

My other cats nudge the door open when they want inside-today is the first time Timmy went inside,I'm still in shock❤