What's For Dinner? - 2024

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor had some surgery today and I felt like I wanted to make them dinner.They're always doing for us,so I made fruited pork chops and mashed potatoes and gravy for them and took it up there,but I took enough out so Harry could have a nice dinner.They were surprised and enjoyed their meal,and hubby did too.I was feeling like a salad was in order,so that's what I had with cherry tomatoes and radishes.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor had some surgery today and I felt like I wanted to make them dinner.They're always doing for us,so I made fruited pork chops and mashed potatoes and gravy for them and took it up there,but I took enough out so Harry could have a nice dinner.They were surprised and enjoyed their meal,and hubby did too.I was feeling like a salad was in order,so that's what I had with cherry tomatoes and radishes.
Awesome- that's so thoughful,really really nice - you go girl

How's Harry doing?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be waffles. Dinner will be a hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn. I really need to phase out about half of the mashed potatoes, so...time to redo the grocery list. MORE VEGGIES, fewer potatoes.

OT, but not entirely. I ordered a new cook book, and love the fact that there are a BUNCH of casseroles that can be made, frozen, then thawed and baked when needed. LOL, ALL ladies of a certain age in the Deep South TREASURE these. We generally have five or six in our freezers, just in case someone falls ill, or passes away. We'd no more make a condolence call without a decent casserole or other homemade food offering than we'd run nekked down mainstreet as church let out!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome- that's so thoughful,really really nice - you go girl

How's Harry doing?
They do things for us too,so I thought I'd take the opportunity.They are awesome folks.Pacemaker wise he's doing well.He wishes he didn't have to be so restrained for 4 weeks but I keep telling him the doc has his reasons.He goes for a check up this coming Wednesday.Hip wise not so good.For 4 nights after his implant,he slept like a rock,but now he's back to a lot of pain and very little sleep.I'm just going to be so grateful when it's done and he can get on the road to recovery.How are you doing after your surgery?

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made macaroni salad and he wanted some of the ham steak diced up in it.So we each had some and a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese/olive spread.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch will be waffles. Dinner will be a hamburger steak, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn. I really need to phase out about half of the mashed potatoes, so...time to redo the grocery list. MORE VEGGIES, fewer potatoes.

OT, but not entirely. I ordered a new cook book, and love the fact that there are a BUNCH of casseroles that can be made, frozen, then thawed and baked when needed. LOL, ALL ladies of a certain age in the Deep South TREASURE these. We generally have five or six in our freezers, just in case someone falls ill, or passes away. We'd no more make a condolence call without a decent casserole or other homemade food offering than we'd run nekked down mainstreet as church let out!
Absolutely right- as a lady of a certain age in the Deep South

My neighbor friend just lost her beloved husband-I had made baked penne rigati a couple of weeks ago with Italian sausage &meatball on the side that I froze- so glad I did,my friend said she hadn't even thought about eating for the 4 days hospice was there before he passed until the food was in front of her