Question of the Day, January 27

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Do you eat cereal? What's your cereal of choice? Do you eat it for breakfast or as a snack?

We usually have a box of Frosted Mini Wheats in the pantry for Rick and Tabby to munch on at night. Tabby loves the stuff. Me? I love, love, love regular Cap'n Crunch! I really can't have it in the house as I'll eat the whole box. I don't eat cereal for breakfast; neither does Rick. But a bowl of whatever works if we're hungry for a sweet snack while watching tv at night.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love warm cereal, i.e. oatmeal, and have it every day for breakfast. DH used to eat a brand of whole wheat cinnamon cereal. However, now he eats oatmeal too but at lunch.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sometimes like Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat for breakfast especially in the winter. I have never been big on cold cereals. Occasionally I want either Cheerios or plain Corn Flakes for breakfast.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like lots of cereals, but J was only snacking on the sugary cereals and not eating other food, so right now we just have generic cheerios at home.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like to eat cereal with milk on for breakfast, and my chosen cereal changes quite a bit. For a while it was Shreddies, then Frosties or Rice Krispies, and at the moment it's Cornflakes, but I'm thinking of switching to Cheerios for a bit. I used to eat those pillowy Quaker Oats as well, but I haven't seen them for a while. I also like the less healthy choices of Honey Monster Puffs and Coco Pops. Porridge with a bit of dark muscovado sugar on top is good for a cold day, but I wouldn't want it all the time.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do eat it but not often and not as breakfast. I love Cocoa and Fruity Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I also like Great Grains when I'm pretending to eat healthy. :lol:

It's a good day when any of those are BOGO at Publix. Cereal is one of those things that I refuse to pay full price for. I will wait until the ones I like are BOGO.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Homemade granola for breakfast. Does that count as cereal? I have it with berries and yogurt.

One of my favorite snacks when I was a kid was Cheerios straight out of the box.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're big cereal eaters, for both breakfast and snacks.

Preferably non-sweet. Cheerios and Grape Nut Flakes the 2 most eaten. Tom likes Shredded Wheat but that's a little too dry for my tastes.

Sometimes, if we want something a little sweet Raisin Bran hits the spot or a flavored Cheerio - we like the maple best.

A big reason to avoid the sweet cereals is it's a trigger food for my husband. If I bought a box it would easily last me a month or more but he could plow through it in days. It's kind of scary!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely eat cereal. It messes with my blood sugar a lot. When I do eat cereal, I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams, Reese's Puffs, Cinnamon Life, and plain Cheerios. I do buy cereal for other purposes too like Chex for puppy chow and I use Fiber One (the original) for these "cookies" I make to help make me get more fiber.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not much of a cereal fan...never have been.Harry loves his shredded wheat,not frosted,multi grain cheerios and raisin bran.....corn flakes on occasion,but his favorite of all is his beloved oatmeal,and he loads it down with cinnamon.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weetbix for breakfast. Porridge with honey on occasion, though more likely for lunch if I can’t be bothered with sandwiches, or dinner if we’ve been served something inedible from the kitchen.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I go through phases where I want some frosted mini wheats or Life in milk. Or Cinnamon Toast Crunch or dry as a snack. Even less often I’ll want something like raisin bran or a granola with raisins. Cracklin Oat Bran is also a good snack. Once in a blue moon, Lucky Charms. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios dry work for snacks. Maybe cocoa krispies or another sugar cereal for nostalgia.

But in general; cereal is the last thing I want as breakfast. Id rather not eat anything. It just feels like it sits in a lump and 2 hours later I’m hungry again. “Flake” cereals are the worst. My husband likes some Kashi cereals.

My kids will eat Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Life on Saturdays. We call it “Saturday cereal” so they’ve never been truly restricted from high sugar cereals, but understand more nutrient dense food is more beneficial too.